« Home | just trying... » | Two posts a day keeps the doctor away... » | Another strange period... » | Again after months! » | Home&Work! » | What I've been doing since september... » | I swear... » | Montescudaio excavation finished saturday the 2nd.... » | Psychogirl will be back soon... » | Mmmm... » 

Friday, September 21, 2007 

Rome

I spent yesterday afternoon reading my old posts on this blog.
The first ones are only pictures, i used to upload them here just to have an url and posting them on forums...
Then I started to write... At the beginning with posts once or twice a week... Then less often... And in these last months I've been litterally in hiding!
In the post of 2006 i kept on repeating I was going to write a post about my journey to Oslo... But i realized I've never written it!
Now, i could write about my impressions, but not about the trip, more than a year has passed and there wouldn't be any particular reason after all these months.
But, becoming aware of this, I've decided to write more punctually about trips and visits.

So it's my time to talk about Rome.
I know it's pretty strange for an archaeologist but I had never been to Rome before the short trip I took with Claudio the 8th and 9th of September for the "Notte Bianca".
I perfectly know we chose the worst week-end to see the town: an incredible crowd outside at every time of day and night, nervous people working, unpolite people in shops and bar after a sleepless night! I keep on ascribing the bad impression i had of the town to this special situation even if I'm conscious that's not the truth.

The 8th of September
-1.45 p.m.: I took the train for Florence, Claudio was already on it. He booked two seats on a Eurostar from Florence to take the trip together with his friend Manfredo.
-5.15 p.m.: we arrived in Rome, Manfredo had his friend Ilaria waiting for him so we separated. I and Claudio went along via Cavour to via dei Fori Imperiali and here started hour long long walking through Rome: the imperial forums, the roman forum, Campidoglio, the Colosseum, via del Corso, palazzo Chigi, Fontana di Trevi, palazzo Madama,the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Montecitorio, Castel Sant'Angelo and Piazza San Pietro: all this until 9.00 p.m.!

-9.15 p.m: we ran back to Piazza Navona and waited for Manfredo and his friend Ilaria to go to eat in a nice place called "La Danesina" not so far from the square.


The 9th of Semptember
-00.00 a.m.: After dinner we went back to Piazza Navona and spent a little bit of time watching a marionetta's performance. Then Manfredo and Ilaria went with us to the Campidoglio where we separated again. I and Claudio stayed there to see the Battiato gig. The crowd was terrible, noisy and extremely unpolite. The concert wasn't one of his best, he sang only old and famous songs and crowd didn't stop crying for all the time.

-1.30 a.m.:after the gig we decided to have a tour of the town again: we went to Trastevere, then to Circo Massimo, then we tried to visit the Sinagogue, but it was going to close (it was around 4.00). So we had another walk in the centre, seeing Piazza di Spagna and finally on the Pincio to see the Dervish tourneurs... It was a pity that we misunderstood as at Pincio there was a gig and not them!
-5.00 a.m.: Exactly like homeless we laid down on the blanket of Claudio with heads on our backpacks, covered with my blankets and slept a couple of hours!
-7.00 a. m.: Ready to go, with feet like sausages and empty heads we went down the steps of Piazza di Spagna, had a walk, then we went to visit Santa Maria in Cosmedin, and finally again the Sinagogue, we saw the beginning of an hebrew wedding too!
-12.00 p.m.: we went to Feltrinelli in Largo Argentina, i bought the guide book of Paris and we ate something there, then back to Termini and finally i sat on the train trying to sleep... Unfortunately doing the ticket at the machine i forgot to take the proper ticket and took only the reservation...

Ah well!!
I hailed to the end of this trip!
But what i promised to myself is that i want to go there again as soon as possible, trying to see everything with a bit more of time, and trying to find roman people more calm and well disposed to listen to other people!

Labels:

Ciao!!!
First of all i will answer your questions:
bebida=DRINK
postre=DESSERT
comida=FOOD
asignatura=SCHOOL SUBJET
deporte=SPORT
invent=(I dont kwon the word in english but i will tell you later!!!)
Yes, we have very similar idioms!! When i was in your country i understood perfectly almost everything!!!
I´s so very beatiful Rome!!! You went this september? and why there was so many people and so nervous? Is there something special in that date?
there must be exciting to apreciate things that the common of the peolple can´t!!!
My husband´s mom (i don´t know the word) was there (in Italy) for a month and arrived last week, she went to your city too!!! i don´t kwon Pisa yet!! But some day I will!
bacio!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Selma
  • From Pisa, Italy
  • Non c'è niente di meglio che un buon tè all'odor di fiori per sopportare l'attesa di qualcosa di nuovo...
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates