« Home | If i would be: » | Rome » | just trying... » | Two posts a day keeps the doctor away... » | Another strange period... » | Again after months! » | Home&Work! » | What I've been doing since september... » | I swear... » | Montescudaio excavation finished saturday the 2nd.... » 

Sunday, September 23, 2007 

Northern Exposure

I'm supporting the international web piracy in these days downloading all the episodes i can find of an old american tv series called Northern Exposure.
*Unless the peer-to-peer program I've installed on my notebook keeps on working! As it can't work in a proper way and my "good-for-nothingess" in this kind of problems doesn't allow me to act for solving all this*
I totally forgot about this serie for years. I'm a huge fan of american tv series. I haven't been missing an episode of Emergency Room since its beginning, the same for Lost, even if i still miss to watch the last series already seen in U.S.A. as they usually arrive later in Italy, I think because of royalties and dubbing...
*and I haven't been trying to download them because of the peer-to-peer problems expressed before... I'm really envious for my friend with computer scientist boyfriend who already watched all the third serie of Lost!!!*
...So I wait patiently for the italian television to broadcast them.
My last discover is the series Numb3rs, good "filler" of many summer sunday evenings. One of the main character of this, agent Don Epps seemed to me so familiar, until suddenly i remembered where I had already seen his face: in the "Northern Exposure" series!
It was broadcasted in the early '90s when i was around 10-12, this one during the summer too, and I used to watch it every day after doing my summer homework every morning. It is set in Alaska, where Joel Fleishmen (Rob Morrow/Don Epps, that's it!) is sent, after taking his degree thanks to a study loan of this state, to work as doctor.
It's been so strange noticing how i manage to forget completely this tv series I used to like so much. After remembering about, i found in my memories that i used to wait impatiently the right time to watch it, collecting small pictures and plot summaries from the tv magazine my mother used to buy at that time. Maybe I was unconsciously already so attracted by surreal situations and snow and polar bears and small north villages!!
So now, as it hasn't been broadcasted in Italy since 2005, I'm trying to find some episodes and understand what was there of so attractive for me!

Labels:

Have you seen "Carnivale"? I liked very much!! But I rented at the videoclub.. (I dont remember but think that are 12 chapters only)I´m not so fan of tv series but that i liked very much!!! and like The simpsons A LOT!!
By the way: there would be amazing to be in Rome for the "notte bianca"!!!!
besos

I copied your CQcounter but when i have to put the code I don´t know if I have to put the code for web-sites "without frames" or "with frames"
could you tell me which is the code for a blog?
Thanks ýou a lot!!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Selma
  • From Pisa, Italy
  • Non c'è niente di meglio che un buon tè all'odor di fiori per sopportare l'attesa di qualcosa di nuovo...
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates