« Home | A funny quiz for girls and boys who think to know ... » | Death cab for cutie! » | Classes again!! » | What does the water feel like to the fishes? » | Floris chocolat!! » | Floris chocolat » | me and my friends in Livorno yesterday evening...  » | Locandina  » | LE CONSEGUENZE DELL’AMORE » | REBIRTH » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

Again @ home!

Finally I have some free time to write something here!!
The survey in Guardistallo came to the end. This year we made all the time line walking that means walking through fields at regular distances from each other and staring at the ground trying to find pieces of pottery or coins or fragments of building materials.
We usually choose fields for line walking because ploughing brings up lots of above mentioned archaeological stuff. On the base of quantity and size of this archaeological stuff we understand if there is a buried settlement or a single buried building or...
Anyway the whole week I was there it always rained!!!
The second day of our survey me and my friend Lisa got bogged down in an area that was so wet to seem quicksand. To get out from there we had to take off our shoes and then recover them with sticks: Oh My! Ten minutes of panic!!
In spite of this kind of "pleasant entr'acte" we found a couple of interesting sites: an early imperial roman farm an an etruscan settlement!!
Any trace of my beloved Middle Ages:'-(.
I'm keeping on with hebrew, manifacture archaeology and excavation technique classes but I've left the one of industrial archaeology: it was soooo boring and I found it really useless for me!!!
-Well, ancient hebrew is useless too for me but it is a wonderful subject!!-
On tuestay I started my english class. I was a bit worried about the level
-I've just descovered that it's named "upper-intermediate" and not "high-intermediate" O_o-
but @ the course there are people who speak a worse english than mine!!LoL!!!:-P
My teacher is a man who comes from London and has been living in Italy for 20 years... Tomorrow I'll have the second lesson.
Maybe I've found also a guy english native speaker to practice my spoken language but I'll talk later about him here.
Last thing to say now:
For Tuscan friends: remember that in the morning of 22th and 23th of october all the fair trade shops of Tuscany organize the "Fair breakfast".
La Tienda will be in Pontedera, piazza della pretura from 9 o'clock!!
We're waiting for you!

Bad luck about the rain! And worse luck that there were no traces of the Middle Ages at the survey...

The English class sounds good, especially with the native speaker. I hope it goes well.

One quick note (since you wanted us to analyze your English!): "stuff" is almost always singular. So your 5th sentence would actually be: "On the basis of quantity and size of this archaeological stuff we understand if there's a buried settlement or a single buried building or..."

Keep it up!

Thank you Matt!!!

So the plural has magically disappeared!!!


I promise I'll write you soon!!!
:-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Selma
  • From Pisa, Italy
  • Non c'è niente di meglio che un buon tè all'odor di fiori per sopportare l'attesa di qualcosa di nuovo...
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates